Change Management Training
BUSINESS AS UNUSUAL
Let’s not sugarcoat it—you’re looking at a tough job.
Restoring productivity and profitability in a work group hit by organizational change doesn’t come easy. Employees are distracted, confused, stressed out. Some get angry, some jockey for position. Some simply give up. They’re all looking at you to “fix things.” And even the people who are pumped up and willing to help can’t agree on how things should be fixed.
Change damages the trust level . . . drives morale south . . . gives organizational loyalty a beating. How can you protect productivity, quality, and profitability under these conditions?
Higher management, meanwhile, is telling you to do more. Do it with less. Do it better. That’s the only way the organization can survive in today’s competitive environment. The hard truth? Nobody can say how much time you’ve got to mobilize this group before you get hit with still more changes.
You can’t afford to just sit back, let nature take its course, and assume your group will eventually gel into an effective unit. Conventional team-building techniques aren’t enough either. They work too slowly. And the conditions aren’t right. You need a potent strategy to help you handle the relentless pressure of change. Something unique. Powerful. Hard-hitting enough to mobilize your group into a high performance unit. Rapidly.
The Business As UnUsual Change Management Training Program teaches the required high-velocity approach. It will help you most quickly build a top performing work group during challenging times.
HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN CHANGE HITS:
NEW ORGANIZATION DYNAMICS
- Uncertainty and ambiguity cloud the future
- The trust level drops
- Self-preservation instincts gain prominence
NEGATIVE IMPACT ON BEHAVIOR
- Preoccupation with “Me Issues”
- Deterioration in teamwork
- Politics and power struggles
- Drop in morale and job commitment
- Resistance to change
NEW RISK FACTORS
- Management inertia
- Productivity decline
- Communication problems
- Confusion regarding priorities
- Loss of talent
- Difficulty executing your change strategy
- Slippage in profitability
- Damage to the company brand
PREPARE YOUR LEADERS FOR WHAT'S COMING
Attendees of our change management training learn how to—
- Anticipate people’s reactions
- Manage the predictable dynamics of change, both personally and organization-wide
- Set the right expectations about the change process and its inherent complexities
- Keep the workforce engaged and focused despite distractions
- Avoid mistakes that can derail execution of the change strategy
- Direct energy away from resistance to change
- Intensify focus on business performance
- Re-recruit key players without overpromising
- Make positive use of instability during transition and change
- Motivate the team to achieve tough objectives
- Role model the right behaviors
- Develop plans for productivity gains
- Address urgent change-specific communication needs
- Maintain momentum and accelerate the change process
Check out these articles:
Here's the big secret to managing change: Stay ahead of the problems.
13 REASONS WHY OUR CHANGE MANAGEMENT TRAINING IS
UNIQUE & POWERFUL:
1. Sharply Focused on Operating Results
PRITCHETT has spent 40+ years consulting and training on merger integration and large-scale organizational change. That deep experience has made one thing perfectly clear: Big changes confront leaders with a barrage of new risks that can damage performance.
That’s why our change management training is tightly designed to defend and drive operating results. Business As UnUsual means business. We don’t get lost in mushy concepts or abstract change models that dilute focus and add no on-the-job value.
2. Field-Tested and Proven Effective Around the World.
Business As UnUsual has been rolled out for some of the world’s biggest change initiatives. And regardless of where your organization is located, we concentrate on key change management principles that carry the most punch.
Our worldwide experience across all industry sectors has enabled us to fine-tune the program for maximum impact.
United Arab Emirates
3. Delivered in Many Languages
Cross-border programs pose no problem for Business As UnUsual. We’ve conducted change management training sessions with the following languages:
4. Compatible With All Change Management Methodologies and Models
This training integrates easily into your change management initiative, regardless of your program’s overarching design. Business As UnUsual is agnostic so far as change methodology or model is concerned.
The course supports your approach by preparing leaders for the inevitable challenges and risks they’ll face during organizational change. We train participants on “managing the predictables.” Sure, every change initiative has its idiosyncrasies. But the key to success is getting your management ranks to master the fundamentals.
The content is highly engaging and introduces tools that attendees can put to use immediately.
PRITCHETT’s approach emphasizes clarity and straightforward utility, ensuring that participants leave the training with actionable steps they understand, believe in, and are motivated to pursue.
Our Business As UnUsual training is down-to-earth, realistic, and loaded with no-nonsense guidelines for dealing with the unique business challenges associated with large-scale change.
No touchy-feely stuff. No time-wasting trivia.
Business As UnUsual concentrates on change management tactics that do the most to protect the bottom line.
7. Designed and Delivered by Thought Leaders
PRITCHETT consultants—designers and facilitators of our change management training workshop—have:
- Consulted on many of the largest, most successful change projects in history
- Specialized in merger and change management consulting for over 40 years
- Developed the #1 online resource for merger integration professionals: www.MergerIntegration.com
- Sold our merger, culture, and change management books (including numerous million-sellers) to more than 10,000 organizations
- Trained over 500,000 employees worldwide on managing change
Our team can conduct the training or we will certify your in-house trainers to deliver Business As UnUsual. We also can guide your organization in the overall design and execution of your change initiative.
8. Aimed Directly at the Most Common Change Management Problems
Business As UnUsual teaches preventive management. Without this training, leaders invariably rely on their habitual management approach which is doomed to create unnecessary problems throughout the transition.
Our program explains the organizational dynamics of change, highlights predictable hot spots, identifies urgent new priorities, and coaches participants on the counter-intuitive moves required of managers in this highly-charged period.
“CHAMELEONS CAN CHANGE COLORS IN AS LITTLE AS 20 SECONDS. HOW FAST WILL YOUR LEADERS ADAPT TO THEIR NEW MANAGERIAL CHALLENGES?”
9. Addresses the Dilemma of Culture Vs. Change
Corporate culture often becomes the major obstacle to organizational change. This happens because culture’s #1 goal is to sustain itself.
When it hears “Change!”, culture goes on red alert—its warning sirens start wailing and laying the groundwork for resistance. Next, culture wants to call the shots, dictating the terms and conditions regarding what to change and how to go about it. Trouble is, culture itself may be part of the problem that your initiative is targeting. This causes many change projects to crash and burn.
PRITCHETT has dealt with complicated “culture vs. change” situations like this for 40+ years. We designed Business As UnUsual to help leaders reconcile the conflicts and manage the tensions that so commonly occur in this context.
10. Advocacy from Top Management
Our change management training consistently earns high respect from senior executives, for three key reasons:
- The program focuses on hard-core business issues.
- It positions managers to be change leaders and assigns them personal accountability for successful change.
- It defends and drives operating effectiveness during the destabilization.
Our emphasis on the commercial aspects of the business elicits top management support and makes it much easier to obtain budgetary approval for change management training.
11. Built on Bestsellers, Based on Real-World Experience
The core of the program is Dr. Price Pritchett’s million-seller Business As UnUsual handbook, augmented by material from several more of his bestselling books. Each of these publications grew out of our decades of hands-on consulting to companies on merger integration and large-scale organizational change.
The workshop is grounded in real-world experience, not classroom theorizing, and that gives it a vitality and authenticity unlike other change management courses.
12. Ongoing Reinforcement of Key Principles
Most change management training programs fade from the minds of participants in a matter of hours or days. People forget. They get distracted by the daily challenges and revert to their old management habits.
Research shows that periodic reinforcement of key learning points is critical for training to actually stick. PRITCHETT’s innovative clips™ video program is designed specifically to provide that needed ongoing support.
DISCOVER THE 60-SECOND MESSAGING POWER OF CLIPS.
We engineered clips for today’s short attention, mobile-oriented, digital audience that heavily favors video. The program is a series of captivating 60-second email videos that hit your people’s phone, tablet, or computer on a weekly basis. It’s like putting a personal change management coach into each employee’s pocket or purse.
clips’ micro-messages amplify and sustain Business As UnUsual concepts and change management guidelines during the early, high-risk months of your change initiative.
13. “Minimum Effective Dose” (MED) Coaching to Drive Change
PRITCHETT’s innovative MED Coaching Program provides leaders with real time, person-to-person, ground level support during transition and change. We capitalize on the “power of constraints,” using tightly structured, performance-oriented, weekly 15-minute coaching sessions that keep leaders motivated, results-oriented, and personally accountable for driving change. MED Coaching, combined with our captivating clips video program, ensures that your people have the high-value tools, concepts, and first-person support needed to manage the week-to-week challenges and opportunities during organizational change.
NOTE: Call 214-239-9600 for information about PRITCHETT’s Certification Program for MED Coaching.
This full-day, interactive, change management program equips participants with the knowledge, skills, and tools they need to successfully lead and drive business results throughout the transition timeframe.
Part 1—Change: The Way It Is
Recognize the realities of change—in your organization, your market, and the world
- Fact-checking participant perceptions of the change landscape
- Myths and realities
- Business case for change: team exercise to analyze rationale for change
- Rising to the challenges, capitalizing on the opportunities
Part 2—Change Hits
Understand the impact of change, both personally and organizationally
- Team exercise to measure impact of change on 15 key factors
- Predictable problems in how individuals, teams, and organizations react to change
- The 3 stages people go through: endings, exploration, and new beginnings
- Implications of how different groups cycle through the 3 stages
Part 3—Be a Change Agent
Identify and strengthen personal change competencies
- 9 behaviors to role-model
- Self-assessment tool measuring flexibility, innovativeness, risk tolerance, and stress tolerance
- How to increase one’s “comfort zone” for change
- Self-assessment tool on 15 aspects of change leadership
Part 4—Action Tools
Learn how to use a practical set of tools for navigating you and your team through change
- Communicating effectively during transition and change
- Driving performance and productivity
- Overcoming resistance
- Retaining key players
Participants conclude the session by crafting a game plan for change management.
For more information, give us a call at 800-992-5922 or 214-239-9600,
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SOME OF OUR CLIENTS
American Eagle Outfitters
American Electric Power (AEP)
American Red Cross
Blue Cross Blue Shield
BMC Software, Inc.
Cardinal Health, Inc.
Cessna Aircraft Company
Coca Cola Fountain
Delta Air Lines
E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co.
Ernst & Young
Federal Aviation Administration
First Data Ford Motor Co
Goodyear Tire & Rubber
Gordon Food Service
H. J. Heinz Company
Johnson & Johnson
Lloyds TSB Bank Plc
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Miller Brewing Company
NASA - Johnson Space Center
Pacific Gas & Electric
Pioneer Natural Resources
Red Roof Inn
Royal Bank Of Canada
Royal Caribbean Cruises
Seagate Technology, Inc.
State Farm Insurance
Time Warner Inc
Toyota Financial Services Corp
Travelers Insurance Company
U.S. Postal Service
United Parcel Service (UPS)
UT Southwestern Medical Center
“SUCCESS AT MANAGING CHANGE DEPENDS MOSTLY ON STARTING OUT DOWN THE RIGHT TRACKS.”